Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Camera Trap Fun

 I was doing a quick sort through the photos from the camera traps seeing what was new.  A nine banded armadillo.
 Birds.  I'm sure Ryan could tell me what kind.
So many bobcat pictures.  One at night.  
In the afternoon.
 Checking out one of the burrows.
 A nice looking buck.
Thankfully there were several of this little guy.  I wasn't sure what it was until I saw the tail.
My AP students spent some time looking at photos today and using a Google Form to identify animals and behaviors.  They really seemed to enjoy it!  They would narrate as they looked through the folders and point out interesting behaviors.  I had them do a camera trap ID activity earlier this year, and they still seem to get a kick out of it.  Because I set up a form ahead of time, all of their data was collected in real time and I could pull up a spreadsheet for data analysis.  

No comments:

Post a Comment